Saturday, October 19, 2013

autumn estate sale in northeastern illinois.



i really wanted to go to a good old-fashioned estate sale
in the country this weekend.  

so i was thrilled to find what sounded like the perfect sale
starting friday morning north of me almost on
the wisconsin border.





this fun pumpkin display was across the street from the sale.
you left your donation(s) in a box
and took your pumpkin(s).





it indeed was a fun old timey sale.

one of the sisters running the sale said 
that her mom "had been a bit of a hoarder".
that was an understatement.
and she liked a nice variety of things
which always makes me happy.





a true country sale must have hay wagons full of stuff.

see them in the background.

the back one was loaded with windows and doors.
the one in front of it had horse tack, boat stuff, 
and sports gear.




look at these yummy apples.

the weather was cool and crisp.  the buyers and sisters
were all having fun, and money was changing hands.

i gave them some of mine and took home some
treasures.

my purchases will be in my shop soon.

what are you doing this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see your purchases:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I spotted several very interesting things on your pictures, but I really can't get one picture out of my mind... the pumpkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day to me! We just bought pumpkins as well, on the honor system. The only problem was, I couldn't get change back so I had to keep buying pumpkins for the amount of money I had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the treasures you bought.
    I purchase some zinc lids from you awhile back.
    I was wondering if you would have anymore.
    Thank You
    Sandi Allen
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't beat an old fashioned estate sale in the country! Looks like a fun day to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.