Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A pop of color.



I have simple "easy to take care for" landscaping.  Most of it in shades of green 
and white.

I love how easy it is to take care for, but this year I decided it needed a
Pop Of Color.


All of our outdoor furniture has been spray painted the same color.

Satin oregano by Rustoleum.

We already had the yellow umbrella so I added aqua chair cushions
from Amazon for $7.50 each.


And painted an old plastic pot and broken vase the same shade of aqua.

We are only a couple blocks from the beach and I think
the aqua adds a nice beachy feel.

I used gloss Rustoleum.  Easy peasy.


Above you can see how nice the rusty bench below looks
with a new coat of paint.

Instead of a more expensive bench cushion, I used two chair cushions.


We have had this bench for over 20 years.

Over the years it took on a nice rusty look.
but it wasn't practical for sitting.

I washed the bench, scraped the loose rust with a wire brush,
sanded the surface rust and then spray painted it
oregano.


I bought this inexpensive metal potting table from Amazon.

It was gunmetal gray.  I painted it oregano and added
the repainted plastic pot (with late-season discounted flowers) and broken vase.

What do you think?

Just enough Pop of Color to keep things 
from being boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.