Total restoration. Finished.
All the holes and rotted wood fixed
Our birdhouse has been outside for 15 years.
It had many holes and lots of rotted wood
from those years outside.
The top section totally fell apart.
Here is the birdhouse as a work in progress.
I had already used a product to harden the rotted wood
and two part epoxy to fill the holes.
From far away the birdhouse looked fine,
but up close I could tell we needed to do something
quick to keep it from falling apart.
I used two products that were in a kit called
The next step after filling the holes was sanding the birdhouse.
After sanding I used a new paint called "Beyond Paint"
that adheres to everything and can be used
indoors and out.
Here is a fun fact. The new round top section is
a vintage base for a glass dome
turned upside down.
Just like those bases shown under the glass domes
in this photo.
Now our birdhouse is back outside.
Ready for many more years of use!
I have added many new items to my Etsy shop,
so come on by to see what is new at