Wednesday, May 24, 2017

30+ year old Bridal Veil hedge.


Our Bridal Veil  hedge is more than 30 years old.

This morning it is in full bloom.  it is more than 7 ft. tall.  See our neighbor's garage and 2-story house right behind it. 



Last year I noticed it was looking "tired" so I cut it back to
5 ft. high and cut off all the long branches.

In other words I gave it a severe haircut.


I was nervous, but that was exactly what it needed!

This year it looks the best it has in years.


Perfection.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Happy sigh.....

    I love,love, love such a display of this bush. It is my favorite spring flowering bush.

    And yours, being old, is majestic.

    Yes, hair cuts are good!

    Again, you have no idea how wonderful, these photos are to me. Thank you.

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.