Thursday, September 10, 2009

GET Your Ticket

During high school I had a job at Enchanted Forest Amusement Park in Chesterton, Indiana. Over the summer I operated the Fun House and...



sold tickets near the Bullet. Remember the Bullet? Guaranteed to make people throw up ~ or at least want to!



I bought 26 rolls of amusement park tickets last weekend at the Cedarburg (Wisc.) Maxwell Street Flea Market.



They are from the Thumb Fun Amusement Park in Fish Creek (Wisc.) on the Door County Pennisula.



When the park closed five years ago, this vendor bought all the leftover tickets, and these are the last two boxes.



On the orange tickets you can see that they were made in Chicago. I'm not so sure about the "Can be used at any time."

14 comments:

  1. WOW!! Those are WAY cool!!!!! Score!!

    (i follow you in google reader!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those brought back a lot of good memories!

    XXDenise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased to have come across your blog this morning! So much beautiful eye candy to see, I'm happy to become a fan and a follower. Please visit me anytime, too!
    Have a great Thursday,
    ~ Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love those! I also happen to love that part of Indiana, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Boy, we must be cut from the same cloth, I HAD to buy rolls of tickets at the last flea market I was at last summer. Jacob just loves those kind of things. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun, what a lucky find! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! Wish i was closer I would so buy some rolls! what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't these be great stacked on a shelf in a media room? I hope the market goes very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flea is this weekend? Have you seen the bowls made out of giant rolls of tickets? You just push down the center of the roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those rolls of tickets!!! You took some really great pictures of them too. Very graphic and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love these! Wish I was near you so that I could go to the market. I would so love some of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joan, I love your spooky cloche! And what a find with the vintage tickets!!! Can I have some!!! WWJD?
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  13. tickets are looking great, I think some things look better if seeing a lot of them. This afternoon I saw a very big box of these old little chalk balls (I don't know how they are called in English and it even might be a dutch thing) but they looked so cute all toghether... I might try to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...fun!!!

    I'd love to know some of your ideas on displaying or using these tickets and ticket rolls.

    Blessings & aloha!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.